Trick Eye Museum is a unique museum with 2D paintings turning them into 3D images through optical illusions when pictures are taken through a certain angle. This type of art technique is called Trompe-l’oeil which means deceive the eye in French.
It was a weekend when we went there and there was a bit of queue. The place is not really a large so they need to regulate the crowd.
Once we were in, we happily played around the musuem.
Look at my prankster husband…
I am starting to get a little jealous with the woman my hubby is dancing with. Hmp!
This guy is strong!
Hahahaha! You can really see how short I am. My head can’t even reach where the head is supposed to be. Oopps!
Naj was enjoying his time too!
These pictures are so real and so fun..
Look at my adorable baby with Puss in Boots.
I was able to use some of my ballet techniques here, hehe….
I got to do some yoga postures on the wall too. Cool, right?
So here are some tips if you are going to the Trick Eye Museum:
1. Go on a weekday to avoid the heavy crowd.
2. Go with a partner. (Or else no one will take your picture for you)
3. Bring your camera or at least a good camera phone. (Duh! This is a given but just to make sure you don’t forget this.)
4. Wear comfortable clothes. For women, don’t wear skirts or wear short shorts. You will be doing some poses and those type of clothing can be unflattering in certain angle.
5. Bring your sense of humor. You will be posing, doing wacky stuff and will be doing a bit of acting in front of strangers who are waiting for you to be done. If you will be self-conscious about it, you will not have fun in the museum.
6. Follow the instructions in each mural before taking picture. There are stand points where you should take a better picture. It helps a lot in how the picture turns out.
7. Be courteous. Don’t jump into the mural/painting when you see that there is still someone taking their picture or they have waited before you.
8. Have fun!
Resort World Sentosa
$25 Adult (13-59 years old)
$20 Child (4 -12 years old)/ Senior (above 60 years old)
$56 Family Package A
2 Adult & 1 Child/Senior
$72 Family Package B
2 Adult/ 2 Child/Senior