What is inside my kikay kit?
For the first time, all of my favorite items are safely packed in my trusty kikay kit. Hehe! Joy!
1. MAYBELLINE VOLUME EXPRESS CAT EYES MASCARA– Though I would hope to have the Lóreal Double Extend Mascara for my almost non-existent eyelashes, this mascara is a good substitute. It has a unique lash brush that looks more like a comb for careful coating for every lashes. And what I like about this mascara is that it doesn’t smudge.
2. SMITH’S ROSEBUD SALVE– I have been searching for this cult-favorite, multi-purpose lip balm. This have been popular for over 100 years. You can use it for a relief of chapped and dry skin, blemishes, diaper rash, and detergent burns. It also has a strong rose scent. You can put it over your favorite lipstick for a nice gloss or you can wear it alone for a moisturized natural-looking lips.
3 & 9. MAYBELLINE CLEAR SMOOTH MINERAL BLUSH in Mauve– I love this blush because aside from it has minerals meaning its is good & safe for the skin, it also gives out a perfect pink glow. It doesn’t give you that ugly dark streak or that slap-cheek appearance most blush give out if you put on too much. It also comes with a cute kabuki brush that you should apply in a circular motion not in the usually diagonal brushing.
4 & 6. MAYBELLINE EYESTUDIO LASTING DRAMA EYE GEL- I am not very good with eye makeup. So I don’t usually put any eyeshadow on my eyelids. But what I love to do is draw a liquid eyeliner on the the top of my lids where the lashes meet. Good thing, I discovered this gel liner that comes with a brush. It is easy to apply. If I want to achieve a smoky eye or something to transform my day make-up to an evening make-up, this does it. I will still have to practice more in applying it but so far, it comes out looking just fine.
5. WET & WILD LIPLINER in #666. – Actress Bridget Fonda calls this lipliner, her favorite, as The Beast. It somehow copies the natural color of my lip and it last the whole day. I just dab a lip balm and I am good to go. Too bad, SM stopped distributing Wet & Wild for almost 5 years now and I was having a hard time looking for it last time I traveled in the US. Good thing, my good friend, Doc Rema bought it online and gave me one, hehe.
7. SHU UEMURA EYELASH CURLER– This has been raved by many fashion magazine so I could resist buying one after seeing it in Manila. It does its job by curling my short lashes. However, my friends would tease me that they bought the Fanny Serrano eyelash curler that gives out the same effect as my Shu Uemura eye curler in a much cheaper price.
8. CINEMA SECRETS ULTIMATE (FOUNDATION) CONCEALER in #304-32– This is one of my best discovery. I found this in a mall when I was in Manila to review for the board exam. I use it more as a concealer rather an a foundation. But I can use it also for full coverage. It is used by make-up artist and theater performers, mainly because of their wide range of colors, perfect coverage, long-lasting effect and non-greasy feel. I find this concealer much superior to MAC. Unfortunately, this magical potion cannot be found here in Iloilo. You can find it in Landmark or Trinoma.
10. MAYBELLINE MOISTURE EXTREME LIPSTICK in Chocolate- This lipstick is more of a red hue in my lips. I do not look well in an all-out red lipstick so if I want a bit of color in my dull, pale, depressed days or for a more glamorous evening look, I put on this one. It is also filled with a lot of moisturizers so it it does make my lips go dry. I am not sure if it is phase-out but I am having a hard time looking for this shade.
11. BLOOM LIPTINT in Plum– This is my ultimate go-to lipstick. It capture a light tint of color that matches my lips with a whole lotta gloss. It comes in a cute packaging and it is perfect in relax days when you just want to achieve an au naturale look without looking drab. It is a product from Australia and can be found in Beauty Bar stores nationwide. Unfortunately, there are no Beauty Bar in Iloilo.
12. MAYBELLINE ANGELFIT POWDER FOUNDATION in BO2– I was devastated when Maybelline Colorstay Powder was phase-out but they repackaged it in the AngelFit line. I usually choose a shade two tones darker than my color because I have a more dark beige undertone. When I use a shade that matches my color pefectly, after an hour it looks unnatural. I love the texture of this powder. I would even choose this compared to the MAC powder foundation in NC35. However I discovered that MAC powder is better used with big bristle brush than the usual powder sponge.
There you have it…..My beauty arsenal in a fancy little pouch…..So, what is in your kikay kit?