It was our last whole day in Seoul. We were already missing Seoul even if we haven’t left it yet. We have come to love the country in our short stay. We like the surroundings, the people, the food and the beautiful snowy weather even if it gets too cold at times. The very next day is officially our last day in Seoul which will be spent in last minutes packing, luggage checks and we will be off to the airport.
For our last 24hrs in Seoul, we were suppose to go to the Children’s Grand Park but we decided last minute to spend it in a leisurely in Lotte Mall and buy some souvenirs.
We started the day late. We headed to Myeongdong to go to the malls. We checked out Lotte Young Mall which is more of high-end merchandise and then we also checked out the Lotte Duty Free but we didn’t buy anything there.
We had lunch at Lotte Mall Food Court. We like the bento box choose-your-own-food kiosk. It had generous portions. We love it! A nice old lady sat on our table and ate with us. She was lovely woman to chat with. She was talking about her kids and Korea.
We roam around for a bit and we had the soft Bake Tart and Godiva Ice Cream for snacks. We did some groceries of Korean snacks to take home to Singapore.
When we were done, we walked back to the hotel because it wasn’t that far off. We spend the rest of the night just relaxing in our hotel room.
Yes, J and I survived the 7 days travelling on winter with kids. Here are some tips for courageous parents planning on a trip with your youngsters soon:
1. Make your itinerary flexible
2. You and your spouse should have teamwork. Help each other out and have designated roles.
3. Buy proper warm clothes & jacket with clothes and bonnet for your kids. Have a shawl or blanket on standby.
4. Bring lots of heat packs.
5. Bring along some snacks (for bribing, hehe)
6. Always have a wet wipes on standby.
7. Make sure they get their good night sleep or don’t start the day too early.
8. Bring along a small toy for each kid.
9. Use a carrier. When we went to Nami Island, we brought two strollers. It was such a pain. We learned our lesson and I used the carrier instead. FYI, most of the MRT Station doesn’t have lift so poor hubby have to carry our toddler on his stroller on the long plight of stairs.
10. Only one of you bring a big bag or backpack for all the kids stuff when going about town while the other have a wristlet back. That system has worked for me and my hubby. He carries the backpack and I get the stuff out from his backpack.
11. Rest, when the kids are tired.
12. Don’t overpacked the day with too many things to do.
13. Do your research properly before going on the trip.
14. Book a late night flight as much as possible.
15. Just enjoy, no matter what.
My hubby created an awesome video montage on our Korea trip but unfortunately, the video was accidentally deleted on our file. It breaks our heart especially since my husband worked so hard on it. We would love to have shared it with you guys.
Seoul is marked as one of our favorite cities we ever visited. We can’t wait to come back someday. Maybe when the kids are a bit bigger so no more strollers or carriers needed.
Thank you Seoul for the beautiful welcome, your warm kindness and abundant generosity! Gomabseubnida!