“(Wikipedia) ‘An Expatriate (often shortened to Expat) is a person temporarily or permanently residing in a country other than that of their citizenship. The word comes from the Latin terms ex (“out of”) and patria (“country, fatherland”).
This blog aims to discover people who are Expats or I would often call it, adventurers like me, venturing out in a new place to call home and creating memories. I have previously lived with my parents and siblings in the Saudi Arabia when I was in high school. I have enjoyed and cherished my memories the beautiful Sandbox I once called my home. Now, I am in a new adventure with my husband and two sons living here in Singapore.
I am featuring expats in different countries to share their experiences and adventures with you and me. I love listening to thier unique adventures
I discovered our featured expat in Instagram. I am a fan of her Instagram feed. Meet Kelsey, the pretty lady behind the fashion & beauty blog: Saris & Scones. “
1. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
Hi, I’m Kelsey and I’m an American, living in Mumbai, India. I write a fashion and beauty blog, called saris & scones. I am also a contributing writer for VOGUE India.
2. What made you move to Mumbai, India? How long have you been there?
I moved to Mumbai 3.5 years ago, when I married my Indian husband.
3. What do you miss about your home country
I miss my family and friends so much! I also miss just eating fruit and veggies without having to wash them 3 times. Also, the shopping. There is nothing like U.S. shopping, so I definitely miss that.
4. What are the wonderful discoveries and things you like about in Mumbai, India?
I love Indian fashion. I didn’t know much about it but quickly became obsessed. I love how unique it is and the craftsmanship that goes into it.
5. Can you share with us the challenges in working and living in another country?
Working and living in a foreign country can be exciting, yet very challenging. Learning a whole new way of speaking is hard. Indians have certain phrases that we don’t use in the west, so learning that was challenging.
6. What are the 3 tips you can give to fellow expats in India or those you planning to move here?
1. Join an expat group
2. Reach out and meet people as much as you can
3. Work or volunteer to stay busy
7. Where do you get your inspirations? Who or what inspires you?
I get most of my inspiration while I’m traveling or running. I love to run and I love to travel, whether that’s in a car or airplane. I am a day dreamer through and through so my best ideas come when I’m just thinking.
8. Can you share with us what your blog is about?
It’s about western fashion, mixed with a little bit of Indian fashion. I also write a lot about beauty products and what I am loving and recommend.
9. Show us your 3 favorite OOTD that would be perfect in India.
I try to respect the Indian culture, and not wearing anything too risqué. I love dresses, but I try to balance them out by wearing long sleeves if the dress is short, and vice versa.
OOTD 2: Floral Prada http://row.jimmychoo.com/en/homecotton dress with nude Jimmy Choo espadrilles
10. Can you tell us your 5 favorite makeup or skincare products that you are currently using?
11. Lastly, can you share with what is your inspirational mantra in life?
I don’t really have anything specific, but if I’m ever having a hard time with anything in life, I remember the old Persian saying “This too shall pass”.
Thank you Kelsey for giving us style and beauty inspirations!
If you are an expat or know any expats who are interested to be featured, drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.”