With social media, technology and internet these days, we see a surge of bloggers stamping their existence in the wonderful world of the world wide web. Bloggers are everywhere and instead of seeing fellow bloggers as a threat in the ever-growing community of social media influencers, it is time to see bloggers as a harmonious community of unique inspired individuals. The key word is collaboration rather than competition. Each blogger has a unique voice and message to send out to the world. It is great to reach out to other fellow bloggers to exchange ideas, collaborate, help each other and support each other.
That is why, Lucy of Lulabelle Lifestyle had an amazing idea to organised #BLOGMEETSG.
BLOGMEETSG is an networking event in Singapore for bloggers and brands to connect. Lucy meticulously hand-picked fantastic brands that she believed and trusted to be part of this wonderful event. Each brands contributed samples of their work in each blogger’s gift bags and some lucky bloggers will also win amazing prizes from them. The event was perfectly set in Edit Lifestyle, a charming boutique in Tanglin Road.
Edit Lifestyle is just the perfect backdrop to this exciting event. Everything in the store, from the decor to their products they are selling were just exquisite. It was stepping inside a relaxing and luxurious cocoon of resort living. I just love every nooks and corners of their chic boutique store.
The refreshments in the event were just a spretty as the store. We had rose petals drinks with sugar syrup on the side for us to estimate how sweet we want our drinks to be. Later in the night, we also have red and white wine.
We also had Leela’s Fine Chocolates to taste. Leela was there to discuss with us how she got inspired in making handmade delicious chocolates. Her creations are just too beautiful to eat. She even have chocolates in a shape of stilettos. Now, any girl couldn’t ever say no to chocolates and shoes, right?
We also have colourful macaroons from Hediard Cafe to nibble. They were so delicious. I can’t help but get some more whenever I pass the macaroons corner.
It was a great night to meet new faces and get to know other bloggers here in Singapore. It was also nice to see some bloggers I have met before in other blogger events. There was just a friendly and vibrant energy throughout the night.
It also fun to meet Bill and Kim of Hat of Cain. We all got our Panama hats and we are looking sharp wearing it. I was lucky to get a perfect-sized Panama hat. I can’t wait to wear it on my travels. Bill taught us how to take good care of it and how to store it properly. Our hats came with a bag and thank you card. Isn’t that cool?
In the later part of the evening, Lucy round us all up for the most awaited part of the night: The Lucky Draw! There were amazing prizes sponsored by the generous brands that participated. No, I didn’t get to come home with any of the prizes but all bloggers didn’t go home empty handed. Each bloggers were given a gift bag with samples of each brands that participated.
The lovely Lucy Waring of www.lulabellelifestyle.com
I arranged them the next morning. Look at what I got:
Inside my gift bag:
1. Appletree – 100% cotton muslin for children. I will be using these for my son.
2. Hat of Cain – Signature Panama hat to shade me from the Singapore sun. I have been wearing it constantly now.
3. Havaroma – Aromastick, 20% off & $30 discount voucher to help destress and re-energize. The aromastick is always in my bag now and I even brought it to my latest trip to Johor Bahru.
5. Jasper Living – grey beaded bracelets and 20% discount voucher. I am a sucker for accessories so I am loving theseso much.
6. Just My Type – two cool greeting cards. I will be using these soon for an upcoming occasions.
7. Katharos Organics – skincare samples and discount voucher. I been using their products for a few days now. I use their moisturiser daily and eye cream every night. I love the smell of the Blueberry masque which I use on the weekend.
8. Naakka Enterprises – lemon-colored leather key chain to keep my keys organised and pretty
9. Ribbon& Roses – discount voucher to add to my wardrobe. I still can’t decide what to get. They are so many to choose from.
10. Simone Irani– voucher and a colorful silk thread bangles which is happily added in my accessories collection.
11. Shiva Bespoke Designs– a lovely wood necklace with a saying “I’ll Have What She is Having” which I recognized is line from the movie ” Harry Meets Sally” and a discount voucher
12. Tamarind Living – Handmade golden jungle animal ornament and a discount voucher.
It was a great night for bloggers in Singapore to get to know each other as well as get acquainted with wonderful brands in the market. Thanks to Lucy Waring of www.lulabellelifestyle.com for organising this event. Thank you for inviting me in this rare opportunity to meet fellow bloggers and artisan brands in Singapore. You totally rock! I can’t wait for #BLOGMEETSG part two!