I am hardly a breakfast person. I rarely eat eat breakfast ever since 3rd year high school when we move to Saudi Arabia. We go to school way too early and I didn’t feel like eating breakfast at all. Plus, I never liked breakfast ever since I was young. I never seem to be hungry in the morning.
However, after we have moved here in Oman, I would have work hours that start at 2 PM and a good amount of off days. So more slow morning with my family. My kids enjoys breakfast mornings. They are happy if they know my work schedule the next day is starting on the afternoon and not in early morning. I love spending relaxing mornings with my boys and fixing them breakfast. My boys’ favorite breakfasts are often my classic quick-cook oatmeal or my egg bread as Naj would call it. Before, I would just have my large glass of lemon water in the morning or my occasional coffee. But somehow, breakfast is beginning to became my favorite meal nowadays. I enjoy these easy, vegan breakfasts. I make these for the kids and they love it!
Here are 5 easy, vegan breakfasts with recipe for you to try:
- GOOD OL’ CLASSIC OATMEAL
1/2 cup quick cook oatmeal
1 cup water
1/2 ripe banana
1 tsp chia seeds
1 tablespoon peanut butter
Pour hot water in oatmeal in a bowl and mix. You can also microwave it the room temperature water and oatmeal for 2-3 minutes then mix. Top it with sliced banana and chia seeds. Drizzle it with peanut butter.
- If you want even a healthier version, use steel cut oats, whole grain oats or rolled oats and cook in stove.
- You can also mash the banana and mix it in to the oats. It will make sweeter taste.
- If you want to sweeten it even more, add a tbsp of sugar / stevia / maple syrup.
- If you find the mixture to be too thick or dry, add a dash of plant milk. My favorite is Alpro Oat Milk or Alpro Rice Milk
- You can also get creative and put different types of fruits, seeds and nut butter. One time I made the Good Ol’ Oatmeal and added pomegranate on top.
- You can also add a drop of vanilla extract and 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder.
2. Simple Vegan Pancakes
1 cup all purpose flour (or whole wheat)
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp of olive oil
2 tbsp of maple sugar or sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup plant milk of your choice
Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in bowl. In another bowl, mix milk, oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract until blended well. Pour liquid mixture into the dry mixture. Stir until smooth. Use 1/4 measuring cup to scoop batter and put in nonstick skillet. Cook on opposite sides for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- You can mix chocolate chips or crushed Oreos or frozen blueberries into the batter
- Don’t overmix or the pancakes will be tough.
- Let batter rest for 5 minutes before putting into skillet to make it nice and fluffy.
- Pour maple syrup, nut butter or nice cream (vegan version of ice cream) on top of the pancakes.
3. EASY WATERMELON SORBET
3 cups frozen watermelon
3/4 cup coconut cream
juice of one lemon
Blend together until smooth.
- Don’t overblend or else it will be liquify until you prefer it to be like smoothie.
- You can mix other frozen fruits as well.
- You can refreeze for 1 hour after blending and use an ice cream scooper to shape it like an ice cream or sorbet.
4. Snicker Oatmeal
This is definitely Naj’s favorite. This can be overly indulgent but it is a wonderful treat from time to time. It truly taste like Snicker bar chocolate.
1/2 cup quick cooking oatmeal (you can use other types of oatmeal)
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp chunky peanut butter
a handful of chocolate chip or cacao nibs
Pour hot water in oatmeal in a bowl and mix. You can also microwave it the room temperature water and oatmeal for 2-3 minutes. Add coconut sugar, vanilla extract and peanut butter then mix well. Drop the chocolate chips or cacao nips allover the mixture.
- You can add or subtract the sweetners in this recipe if you are cutting calories.
5. CHIA PUDDING WITH CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER NICE CREAM
Chia Pudding Ingredients:
1/2 cup plant milk
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp maple syrup
Pour ingredients into a glass. Let it settle for 2-3 minutes. Store in fridge for at least 2 hours.
You can add shaved frozen chocolate peanut butter nice cream on top or if your prefer to enjoy your creamy nice cream in a bowl with spoon.
3-4 frozen ripe banana
3 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 cup plant milk
Blend until smooth. You can refreeze for 1-2 hours and shave the frozen nice cream with spoon to put on chia pudding. You can enjoy the creamy nice cream after blending and top with fruits or seeds.
Hope you can try out these easy recipes and let me know if you like it. If you have other easy breakfast recipes to share with me, I would love to try them too.